Saturday, October 04, 2008

Nature's Children

Zach and Steve went squirrel hunting yesterday afternoon. They both shot one! Zach's is the fluffier one with the guts hanging out:) Ally is showing off her 2 praying mantis'. We found them last week and have had more fun watching them! We fed them crickets, grasshoppers, spiders etc... they gobble them down rather quickly. Google praying mantis and you will be intrigued! They are carnivores and eat small animals, they even show this on you tube! I told Ally we had to let them go this morning so she is rather sad, but as we were cleaning out the bug cage we found a stick with a hard, amber looking egg sac, we hope it is from the praying mantis. I told her we could keep it safe for the winter and maybe see it hatch in the spring! That's pretty much all for today. Tonight the Huskers play Missouri, of course we will be watching and cheering them on. GO BIG RED!!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Another new blog, I'm impressed! Way to go Zach!! I loved your show and tell Ally. I can't wait to find out what you have there in that sac. I love a good mystery.
Gma Sheila

Kari F. said...

UGHHH! Like major chunks were missing from one of those squirrels. I, however, expect nothing less from the Halls and there outdoor adventures.