Thursday, April 24, 2008

One more hunter!!!

My little boy killed his first turkey on Saturday. He was so excited, and Steve was a proud papa!
Everyone in the neighborhood stopped by to see it. Turkeys are so UGLY, but I hear very fun to hunt?
In other news, the kids' spring sports have started:) Hayley has softball on Monday& Thurs. Zach has baseball on Tues.& Friday! Wednesdays are CCD and Spring Football is on Tuesdays too! Hayley also has a Volleyball camp coming up. The key is to keep them so busy and tired they practically fall asleep in the car. No, really they love their sports and I hope they continue with it. It will hopefully keep them out of trouble during the tough years ahead.
Ally has been busy outside. We found two baby snakes the other day and my nature girl just had to keep them. She named them T-pane and Fergie! For those who don't know, she named them after singers:) She is one heavily influenced 5 year old. Ally has Kindergarten preview next Wed. She can't wait! She thinks Sam will be there too, but I explained to her that Sam will go on to First grade. She was sad!
Last night we had CCD, my second grade class had their First Confessions! We have been studying and preparing all year and they will soon have First Communion. Max is in my class this year and was so excited! I am always so amazed how quickly the kids mature after they receive their Sacraments. I think they feel more a part of things.
I have started gardening already. I am planting a ton of veggies this year. And hopefully our fruit trees produce this year, last year we had a late frost and killed all the buds! No peaches or apples:( We should have cherries soon too! Well time to clean. Later!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Just wait until Ian sees the turkey. He still remembers the turkeys at Platte River that Hayley scared away. He wants to hunt soooo bad!!

Sheila said...

Zach, I can not believe the size of that turkey (I enlarged the picture so I could get a close up view) or that you are hunnting age!! How fast time has gone. Congratulations! Love, G-Ma Sheila