Friday, September 29, 2006

Squirrel Hunting...

We have a huge black walnut tree in our yard. The squirrels have been feasting and cracking on the nuts for weeks now. It's really fun to watch them gather the nuts and dig huge holes in the grass too!

This afternoon me, Sam and Ally sat on our front porch and thought what fun it would be to make a squirrel trap. We put all the black walnuts we could find in a bucket. I got a huge slab of rock and a stick to hold up the slab, then we put about 10 walnuts in the trap. It's really just a trap-making experiment, it shouldn't hurt the poor squirrel too bad. If it does I have a great squirrel stew recipe:) Plus, it kept the kids busy for over an hour! Priceless...

In other news... Steve got a new truck. It's a poop brown Toyota 4x4, 1987. Deer season is full on! Watch out Bambi!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Nature rules. Lately I've been wanting to go hunting, just for the experience. Have you ever gone hunting with steve? My fear of guns is the only thing between me and camo!

Emily said...

Love the links! Way to blog, girl. When is mom home, anyway...Mon or Tues??? The ol' phone card is charged up and ready.