Friday, March 14, 2008

Steve is 37!!!!
This blog is lovingly dedicated to my wonderful husband of 14 years.

Steve and I have a LONG history. We went to grade school and high school together. We never even batted an eye at each other over all those years. We did have mutual friends, but Steve was such a rascal in grade school. He was the boy who spent most of his time in the hallway or in the principals office. He had a hard time in school and was often disruptive, your typical "class clown" He was diagnosed with dyslexia in first grade and transfered to my school in second grade. My school had a better special ed. program. He was just saying the other day that he was suprised he even graduated high school because his grades were so bad. After high school he joined the Navy and was shipped off to Saudi. The Gulf War changed him for the better. I wrote him a letter once while he was away. He still has that letter. I really don't know why I wrote him? Some friends of mine gave me the adresses of all the guys stationed overseas and Steve is the only one that I chose to write to, weird huh? After he returned we were at a friends wedding and he kept asking me to dance. He asked me why I never asked him out in high school? So I asked him out that very night, we went to Wayne's World:)

I am so proud of how much he has accomplished. He was recently promoted to shift supervisor at the power plant, most of the people he works with have college degrees! Steve is a great husband, friend and father.



1 comment:

Emily said...

Molly, that was a sweet birthday message about Steve! He really has come a long way from that trouble-maker, although we all know it's still in there and that is what makes Steve so fun. Ian worships Uncle Steve and we all send him birthday wishes!